Partikel vom Grossgesichtigen Kind, 2014 • TONSPUR 63
PARTIKEL VOM GROSSGESICHTIGEN KIND
In an asylum, a child runs along corridors and stairs, brushing past bars and railings. The building swallows up the sounds it makes, just like the screams of the sick or the creaking of aged linoleum. Some places the child is told to avoid. A world to fear.
The asylums, of which the cities are full, cannot get rid of their proximity to prisons. Even if visitors to Spiegelgrund feel as if they are entering nothing more than a vast park landscape. Buildings that stood their ground against everything human and later locked away their Nazi years with them. It is a good thing that the neighbourhood is accessible to the people and that people sprawl out on sunbeds.
Esther Dischereit, born in Heppenheim, Bergstrasse, Germany, lives and works in Berlin, Germany and Vienna, Austria.
Opening: Sun 24.08.14, 17h
Georg Weckwerth [Artistic Director TONSPUR].
Christiane Zintzen [literary scholar, author, curator] – read
- Esther Dischereit [D]
- Particles of the Big-Faced Child, 2014
- 8-channel sound installation, video, drawings
- Length 25:30 min
- [19 recordings, length 0.35-1.16 min]
- Text: Esther Dischereit; music: Frank Wingold; sound: Jean Szymczak;
- Director: Stefanie Hoster; Assistant Director Wiebke Köplin;
- Narrator: Markus Meyer, Esther Dischereit; Video,
- drawings: Riccardo Ajossa; translation: Iain Galbraith;
- Typography: Veruschka Götz
- [T616 Berlin]; Installation design:
- Norbert Math
- Book accompanying the installation: Ester Dischereit "Big-Faced Child
- Edition Angewandte / De Gruyter Publishers
- Thanks to: University of Applied Arts Vienna
- 25.08.14-22.11.14 [except 25-28.9.]
- MuseumsQuartier Vienna
- [between MQ Hof 7 and 8]
- Daily 10-20h
- Finissage / Book presentation:
- Wed 19.11.14, 19h
- MQ Vienna, Room D / quartier21