In My Room, 2019 • TONSPUR 80
IN MY ROOM
The sound for the installation “in my room” is a continuation and expansion of my most recent album “agora”.
I worked in a small room, using everything I had at my fingertips. The noise of a guitar amplifier, a passing tram, the construction site in front of my window, my guitars, synthesizers, various kitchen appliances and utensils etc., all of which were used as sound sources.
In the end the whole room, a microcosm, became an instrument itself.
I FIRST ENCOUNTERED CHRISTIAN FENNESZ
Christian Fennesz in E-Mail conversation with Keith Rowe in spring 2019.
Christian Fennesz, born in Vienna in 1962, lives and works in Vienna.
Opening: Sun 28.04.2019, 5pm
Georg Weckwerth [artistic director TONSPUR Kunstverein Wien]
Keith Rowe [musician and artist] – read
- Christian Fennesz [AT]
- In My Room, 2019
- 8-channel sound work, 7-part series of images
- Duration 7:59 min
- Concept, recordings, composition, gallery: Christian Fennesz
- Production: TONSPUR Kunstverein Wien for the series
- TONSPUR für einen öffentlichen raum
- Special thanks to Keith Rowe
- TONSPUR_passage / Q21 (MQ Wien)
- Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Vienna
- Daily 10am to 8pm